5/4/11

Non-linear Life as I Know It

After a long absence from the blog world, I feel my creative juices overflowing with excitement. So much has happened in the first 4 months of this year, curiosity pulls me to question what else is being brewed by the Universe for the remaining 8 months to come; although I know in spiritual terms time is of none essence, and we each hold the power to create what we want to experience and learn, at a spiritual level. More often than not, our growth comes when we choose to align with the truth of who we are, and physical time has no bearing on that.
I have learned and continue to learn every day that surrender is the key to experience the perfection of life, its wisdom and its surprising and amazing synchronicities. How many times have I found myself trying to accomplish something in a certain time frame, which my human eye deemed to be the “only” solution; while finding on the other side multiple obstacles and closed doors? So many that through mere exhaustion I finally just let go, which turned out to be the real solution; giving way to a flow of new found doors, synchronicities and opportunities my human eye had never even considered possible.
Surrender does not mean giving up, or being passive. It means accepting that I am not alone or separate from the Universe. It means choosing to embrace my oneness with the Universe, and believing that I, as a Divine Being have the opportunity to allow the Universe to guide me beyond my human experience. It means aligning with what is, and letting go of what my humanness deems as right or wrong, allowing for space through which the Universe can assist me through.

Surprises that came forward when I finally just let go
 Train Cementary, Uyuni Bolivia
 In the Siglo XX mine... (not too long ago, women were not allowed in)
 Traveling on a Train
 Working as an interpretar, translating Pres. Evo Morales
 Coming out of the mine
Magical Salar de Uyuni

Dani, best surprise of the year :)

The real beauty of surrender is that as we experience it authentically from within, not only do we create an inner state of peace, but our outside world starts to gravitate towards that peace and synchronistically our physical world reality aligns with what we were trying to accomplish in the first place.
I am reminded of this every day, especially while growing my business. By nature, I have the tendency to plan… I plan our budget for the year, our sales, our cash flow needs, I make assumptions based on the current price of Alpaca, plan on lines of credit, etc… all good tools to get a better understanding of how I would like the business to grow. Now, more often than not, these plans don’t get accomplished as I had planned. In the past this used to bring forward feelings of being inadequate to run my own business successfully, judgments of not knowing what I am doing, and thoughts of going back to getting a normal job where I could count on a steady paycheck without the risk of “failure”.
After running on this hamster wheel until exhaustion, I finally realized the lesson.  I learned to view my planning tools as a way of establishing my intentions for Knitting Peace, which I then choose to surrender to the Universe for greater guidance, trusting that whatever comes forward will bring additional lessons in service to the growth of not only my business but me. It’s that simple, no need for judgment or self inflicted punishment (i.e. a 9-5 job).
It is from this space that I can more easily flow with what comes forward, as I no longer feel burdened by the need to accomplish things in a certain time frame, because I know and trust that linear time is of non essence when working and aligning with the Universe.
~Namaste

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you have been continuing to receive immense gifts from the spiritual path you are on. As you surrender, you will continue to receive all the wisdome you need. Continue to trust and everything you need will be provided to you.
    You have a great heart, it is an honor to know you and to be your friend. Un gran abrazo.

    ReplyDelete