5/26/11

Winter is Here!

On the southern hemisphere we are revving up for what seems to be a pretty rude winter.  This month has served as a forewarning for what’s to come in the winter front, and fortunately for Knitting Peace, we are prepared.  Our winter line is full of versatile pieces that are sure to shield the winter breeze, dim sunrays and long months of minus zero winter mornings.

My favorite early morning yoga gear during these cold months includes my Knitting Peace Alpaca Cardiwrap, Hardtail leggings and Ugg boots. It’s the gear I wish I could wear in LA during the winter months of whopping 68oF weather. Don’t get me wrong, I love LA but I do yearn for a real winter, where I can fully enjoy all the beautiful pieces my Knitting Peace girls make.

This fall a favorite in Bolivia has been our Alpaca Handknit Cardiwraps which we re-designed for this season. They are as always ultra soft, ultra warm and now surprisingly lightweight, weighing in at only 500grm which makes them so much yummier to wear; and to continue to spread the warmth, we included pockets on each side panel, keeping all extremities out of the cold.


  

For the fashionistas who refuses to be bothered by threats of bronchitis or the flu, we have a very sexy piece that is sure to keep you healthy while jumping from dinner party to bar to club. Our Vneck Sweater dress, worn with skinies, leggings or as is, is ultra soft, sexy and warm enough to keep you comfortable on those long nights out on the town.

 

When I first presented these designs to my team of knitters, I was met with confusion, a bit of enthusiasm and a lot more confusion. My girls had never made or seen anything like these pieces, they were eager to learn; but not quite sure what they were making. After many (more than I care to count) finished prototypes, we finally achieved pieces that are Knitting Peace worthy, which we are sure you will love.  So, whether you are on the Southern or Northern hemisphere, keep an eye out for these pieces, which are sure to become a favorite in your closet.

~Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Winter is not here - must be there. Hi Sonia, I wanted to let you know that I am receiving emails daily from an email account in your name. Must be an old one- but is there anything you need to do from your end? Cancel it, change a password? I don't know. Am I the only one receiving these?
    Anyway - that's the way things are today. Your website is beautiful and so is your mission. Love ALways, Lorelei

    ReplyDelete