8/2/11

Knitting Peace's coming Winter Line!

Its August already, winter is on its way out in Bolivia (although is still very cold) and the fall is on its way in on the Northern Hemisphere.  This flux in seasons tends to spin me into frenzy. I live in a state of mind of the never ending winter, where I am either designing for the cold, living in it, or traveling towards it.

I am currently both living in it and designing for it. August is an exciting month for Knitting Peace, it’s the month in which we prepare our Fall/Winter line for our clients in the US and Europe.  Our team of knitters is excited to see what new techniques they will learn, and new colors we will be using. They are anxiously waiting for me to get them started on the new line.

This season I felt inspired by the bright colors and thick cozy sweaters displayed on the runways during fashion week. Jade Green, Scarlet Red, Plum and Rust are colors that I loved seeing on the runway. Don’t get me wrong I love Grey, but my girls and I are ready for a more brilliant pallet to work with.
    
   2011 Runway Fashion that is inspiring our new Knitting Peace Line!

 Vogue Knitting
                                     Max Azria Tracy Reese            Alexander Wang, Zero +Maria Cornejo, Karen Walker
                       

                                                          Marc Jacobs                                           Jill Stuart and DKNY


With all the changes happening in Knitting Peace and our plans moving into motion towards expansion, it seems incredibly appropriate that our new line should reflect an expanded and more brilliant look. Our new Alpaca hand knits will be more intricate, colorful and ultra thick and cozy.

We recently purchased a knitting machine for thick yarn, which I just learned how to use. It’s not as easy as it looks, but a lot faster.  At first I resisted the move towards machine knitting, I felt it did not compare to hand knitting and would make our product industrial. However I soon realized that in order to grow and expand, I needed to increase our production capacity significantly which becomes possible by using a knitting machine. The machine allows us to make certain pieces of the garments quicker, and then add intricacies and the cozy touches by hand knitting them on. This also makes the girls work a lot easier and allows for a quicker turnaround of finished product, which translates into more money for them.  The finished product is still ultra soft, however more beautiful and of better quality. We love this, and know that you will too!

Our new line will include hand knit and hand finished products, in bright colors and cozy ultra soft Alpaca fiber Our pieces promise to be thick, long and the sweater you will wear everywhere this winter. We are very excited to launch our new line, so stay tuned on www.knittingpeace.com for more Knitting Peace news to come. 

~Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment